Thursday, May 21, 2009

Realization

Things are happening quickly lately. And they are all strangely connecting and fitting together somehow. What I mean is that I am walking away from a lot of things feeling the same way. For example, I have recently been burning out at work (some of it my fault for not saying no and some of it work's fault for putting things on me all the time) but I have recognized that people just look out for themselves. They have to because no one else will sometimes. Therefore, I left work this week, which was only 3 days, and realized that I NEED to take more time for myself both in and out work. It's the only way to stay sane.

Consequently, I am taking a philosophy class..........long story made short- I walked out of there contemplating a lot about where I am and where I want to be. I realized the only way to get where I want is to do things for myself more often.

In addition, I have trashed my body playing tennis while my back and neck and body still hurt. My coach wants me to play this summer, but I told him no because I need to heal.

Bottom line, you really only live once. Once that's over, you are in the ground or cremated or cryogenically frozen, etc... Who cares what other people want you to do all the time.

I take time for myself by eating Wendy's. People don't want me to eat Wendy's too much because they think I might die of a heart attack by the age of 30... I respond, "Well we're all gonna die of something, I might as well be well fed and doing something for myself at a fine establishment like Dave Thomas' when I finally do pass away." RIP Dave.

2 comments:

  1. I like this... I like all that you have mentioned and agree. There are times when you do need to look out for yourself and do what's best for you. Sometimes you need a break from things, even fun things like Tennis. Honestly, the way I see it if life was so easy without obstacles or without getting hurt or feeling pain, it would be boring, and I myself don't want a life of boredom.

    So stay strong, keep plugging away at doing what's best for you, but at the same time when you know you need "me" time, make sure you take that "me" time so you can keep going.

    BTW, very nice choice of mets colors you got here. hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brendan,
    You're always doing so much for so many other people, and sometimes you don't realize that the world won't end if you do something for yourself once in a while. And while you're right that no one is going to do that stuff or take that time for you, they usually won't begrudge it either. So go ahead and be selfish, and know that if you ever want a place to hang, you know where to come. Even though we don't see each other too much anymore, once upon a time you did the same for me. Hope your body and soul are feeling better.

    K.Dionysiou (Troy) now

    ReplyDelete